Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Week 8/Thing #19

As I have been exploring Google Earth I was basically thinking this was a science or geography resource until I clicked on googlelittrips.org - awesome! There is a page for Young Readers and I went through some of the examples - all I can say is wow! This is amazing. I looked at Make Way For Ducklings and it had photos and questions to answer. Then there is one created by 1st grade students - The Yellow Balloon. It has facts in the placemark balloons. Paddle To The Sea is different to the others because it has a ton of information in the placemark balloon- plot summary, discussion question, links to website, and more.

I can also see this tool as a resource for history as well and a way of intergrating topics/content.

This is definitely something I would like to explore further and possibly create one using one of the books I will be using with my students about habitats.

No comments:

Post a Comment