Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Google Earth Placemarks

I did it!!!!!!!!! I didn't understand the KML spreadsheet description and was very confused. As it turns out, I downloaded Google Earth 5.0 onto my computer and you mark places using a different method. This is the video I watched instead. It was much simpler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1EseH7jzs

I followed the instructions and marked two places with descriptions in the balloons. My daughter is getting married in May in Connecticut and I thought it would be fun to practice marking the places for the reception and cermony. It was very easy with the exception of editing the dialog box. I am sure there is an easy way but I had to delete and do it over.

There were instructions on the video on how to email the placemarks and I tried to do that but it was difficult because I do not have a gmail account so it was complicated to set up sending the email another way so I abandoned the task.

I could definitely see this as a valuable tool for a project in upper grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment