Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Google Earth/Ocean

OK.....................so I haven't got to the video about the balloons on Google maps but I did discover Google Earth/Oceans. Again, an incredible resource. I checked out most of the tools and I was really impressed with the BBC short films which are also on Youtube. What I liked about the videos was how they showed you where in the ocean the video was taken so you could get a sense of where in the world it was. I think I could use this even with Kindergarten students and they could associate the visual with the geographical location which is a powerful learning tool for students. I could have the images projected onto a smart board with a projector from my computer while the class/small group watched. I am not sure how I would plan to have them explore the site individually. We have a unit about "habitats" and I could use this to show "real" pictures of different habitats in the world and the animals that inhabit them. I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment