Saturday, October 10, 2009

Week 4/Thing #11

Wordle and Text Cloud................................yikes!!!!!!!! I am sure there is a use for them. It is kind of cool but I am not seeing all the possiblities. Maybe in high school. I have done poems with my second grade students in the shape of snowflakes using vocabulary associated with winter. I have also done other shapes - football, snowman, raindrops, etc when the students go through books to choose words to put in the poems..................love those! I could see this could be a good activity to do with students to improve vocabulary as well word associations.

I did do a wordle cloud using all the words for planning my daughter's wedding. It looked really good. I had a lot of trouble trying to save it to put into my blog. I read all the FAQ to help but it looks like it is easier to do on a MAC than a PC. I also wasn't sure how to put it into the Delicious place. I will work on it.

Also did a text cloud using the same text. I prefer the wordle format - more options and more fun! I saved the tag to the Delicious site but it only bookmarked the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment